The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple times when backing up, no display of rear camera in rear view mirror. Few times just a blue screen or scrambled view. Each time this occurs, I open the tailgate, wiggle harness at bottom and camera display ok.

Might be loose connector or wire in harness going bad?

Before I go diving into this, anyone experienced similar?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Sounds like you discovered a bad harness or a bad connection by moving the harness. You could begin by disconnecting and inspecting the harness connectors as they commonly get water in them and the terminals corrode. Just follow the harness you moved to find the appropriate connector. Otherwise it sounds like a harness concern. In that case, expose the harness and inspect for chafing or other damage, repair or replace as required. For me, most of the time when diagnosing a camera concern the camera is bad.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ford Doctor. I try to check the connectors first. May have to remove the panel attached to the tail gate to get inside of it. And if found ok, will jump to the harness where it enters the tail gate.

I did notice the camera “eye“ is loose, shaking in its socket. Any concerns here?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Yeah the camera lens should not be loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts