1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No way, should read much lower. Next time I'm out I'll post my results
Duke

------------------
'99 350 4x4 s.c. P/S 70/175 chip K&N Mag-hytec rear, Tru Trac front & rear coming
'99 450 6x6 P/S , alum dump, detroit locker rear, ARB front G-124's, 70/175 chip, 5" exhuast, K&N

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Loggrman,

I just asked the same question in the 7.3 forum. The answer for what is the C5 code stand for is: 4:10. My tach reads 2350 at 75 MPH. Are you sure that your in overdrive? Tim

------------------
'94 F-250, 4X4, 7.3, Auto. Non-Turbo, Non problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LoggrMan:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tim 94F250,
Thanks for the reply. I don't have overdrive; I have a 3-speed automatic extended cab diesel. Forgot that in my message. It's there now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the rear end ratio on a 88 Ford F250 7.3 diesel,4 wheel drive, with code C5? Trans is code K and tire size is 255 85R16. Is it normal for tach to read 3000 RPM at 65 mph? I do not have overdrive. I have a 3-speed automatic.

[This message has been edited by LoggrMan (edited 06-25-2000).]

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LoggrMan:
What is the rear end ratio on a 88 Ford F250 7.3 diesel,...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, LoggrMan, and Welcome! to Ford-diesel.com.

This website has several different forums, and various subjects are "on topic" in various forums. This particular forum is reserved for discussions about the operation of www.Ford-Diesel.com. Several other forums are reserved for discussions about '99-up PowerStroke Diesel (PSD) trucks, and some are reserved for discussions about other years of Ford diesel trucks - including your '88. We even have one forum devoted to gas engine Fords, and one devoted to towing and hauling.

I suspect your question would best fit in the forum for 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes), so I'll move this topic to that forum. Look for additional responses in that forum.

Smokey Wren
Forums Moderator

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 06-26-2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts