The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F-350

Rear sliding window quit, well, sliding. It bumps like it’s trying but no actual movement. Yeah, I know, 1st world problems. But this is Texas, and opening the sliding window to get the heat out during the summer is nice. Any ideas?

No reason to suspect that anything has fallen into the track (if there is such a thing) to block it.

Motor replacement? Clean the track?
And as usual, how much and how hard is the replacement.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sad news. You have to replace the entire back window at around $500 from Safeflght. It's just like a power window except they don't sell just the motor assembly. Now you could check www.rockauto.com they may have parts.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
From your description is sounds like the motor does work which tells me something broke like one of the cables or attaching point. If a cable has failed it cannot be repaired. Fortunately the Motor and regulator IS serviceable as a unit as are some miscellaneous window parts. You will need to access the rear interior panel and try to determine what has actually broken. Be advised this repair is a PITA.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh, Ford Doc. NOT the answer I was hoping for. You have let me down. :( Just kidding. I figured it was a PITA, so I guess I'll just live with it.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts