The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F350. Approximately 70,000 miles. I'm told that the motor appears to have failed and that this is not an inexpensive repair. Sounds like over $600, with exact labor to be determined. I'm surprised to have this problem so relatively soon. Is this something that others are experiencing? I used my rear window slide maybe once every 2-3 months. So it was used, but certainly not worn out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had a problem on my 2004 F-150 just like that. Water had gotten in an caused an issue. I found on a different forum that you could drop the seat forward and if you tapped the motor with a rubber mallet it would free it up. Might be worth a try to see if you can find it on yours and do the same. After that I just made a point of running it back and forth every time I used the truck. Didn't have any issues after that.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
2011 F350. Approximately 70,000 miles. I'm told that the motor appears to have failed and that this is not an inexpensive repair. Sounds like over $600, with exact labor to be determined...
Hi Cajun Martini,

Did you receive this estimate from your local Ford Dealership? If so, I'll be able to do some research and see what options are available to help.

Crystal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts