The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I spoke with a longtime client/friend of mine who also is on this board. Don Lewis from Don's Automotive here in Austin, TX. He searched in vain for a replacement as well as called in a favor or 2 at the Ford dealer, but they too are coming up empty as it's been discontinued and they can't locate any. Don did have a great idea, however, and that was to go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market I made a few calls, and while I haven;t yet secured a new left rear power window regulator, I'm optimistic that it's a matter of time before I do. I'll keep you guys posted, and again, thanks for the help.

Andy

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Theres some listed on parts geek.
I see some on advance auto that say any position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Theres some listed on parts geek.
I see some on advance auto that say any position.

I purchased them and they are front only, despite their description.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ah, I see. I had read the reviews and some said they fit the rears...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
How about posting pics of the originals, and any replacements?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So, I got it finally figured out. The problem was with the window motor as it was a crappy Autozone type of rebuilt unit. We thought it was the regulator since every time we manipulated it and lubed it, the problem was temporarily solved... for a day or so. I replaced both rear motors with ACI motors from partsgeek

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1995/ford/f350/body_mechanical_-ar-_trim/window_motor.html.

It's interesting to note that these are all metal as opposed to plastic... even the gear on the outside...
Thanks again for all your help and hopefully this can be of some assistance to someone else here when they cross this bridge.

Andy

21 - 26 of 26 Posts