The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new (to me) 2019 F-250 was just in the dealer for service and the recall 20E07 PCM reprogramming was completed. Ever since the engine seems to be roaring, like you might get with on/off fan clutch operation, but it happens even on cold starts. Seems like my mpg's have fallen off as well. Anyone else experience this? Did not turn up much on a search. Added on edit; the noise increases with RPM, just checked it on a cold start.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Ummmm..... when was this recall performed? FSA 20E07 has been suspended for several weeks due to "problems." Don't ask me what the issue is as they do not tell us. So, anyone looking to get this recall taken care of you will need to wait. I assume the program will be reissued. I am not sure is the engine cooling fan is related however.

Ford Motor Company said:
Stop Performing 20E07 until further notice
April 16, 2021
Dealers are instructed to STOP PERFORMING FIELD SERVICE ACTION 20E07 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. A supplement is in process, and will be published as quickly as possible;, at which time the labor operation codes will no longer be valid and all warranty claims will be rejected.
Take it back to the dealer.
Don't bother. There is nothing they can do until the replacement calibration is available.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummmm..... when was this recall performed? FSA 20E07 has been suspended for several weeks due to "problems." Don't ask me what the issue is as they do not tell us. So, anyone looking to get this recall taken care of you will need to wait. I assume the program will be reissued. I am not sure is the engine cooling fan is related however.

Don't bother. There is nothing they can do until the replacement calibration is available.
Thanks for the information, much appreciated. Service and reprogram were performed on April 2, just my luck. Truck is also lacking the throttle response it had prior. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to make sure they are on the same page.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Hey Doc
So they cant return his truck back to the stock tune?
The short, official answer is no.

What I have never tried was attempting to perform a PMI (programmable module installation) or reprogram using As-Built data SPECIFICALLY to try to reinstall a previous calibration. My assumption is that when retrieving the module data Ford will automatically send the current level programming. Like I said, I never have tried. From my experience Ford does not support the practice on any level. Many years ago when the diagnostic software and calibration files were supplied VIA CD's and I have heard of techs installing older versions of both and programming. Fast forward to today our scan tool software and calibration downloads are both tied to the corporate mother ship.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I heard from the dealer today. I have to wait for an update to the program, hope it is sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had a very similar thing happen with my wife's Chevy Cruze. Went in for an oil change and came out with a computer flash because a particular GM test car did not conform to EPA emissions standards at a particular Speed and RPM on a particular day of the week that ended with Y. I all but threatened the life of the service adviser to have the tech reflash the car back to build date, but he said It was a done deal at that point. Lost at least 2mpg average and a lot of of get up on the interstate, I about got rear ended the first time I drove it on the interstate afterwards. At the time I blamed the whole VW thing on the issue.
Unfortunately, when I read things like this and some of the other things like leaking oil pan gaskets on the early trucks, and bad emissions parts. I start to question if I really want to spend the money on a newer truck or just keep going slow but steady in both my old 97's.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Most of the emission problems is with the DEF heater. I don't picture that being any different on any other truck out there. I bet they all get there heaters from the same place. The oil pan problem seems to be fixed on the newer trucks. I haven't seen anyone complain about that being a problem. I have a 15 and so far the motor has been rock solid. Had def heater go bad. Fixed that myself in the driveway but had the DEF nozzle go bad after I fixed the heater. Oil pan leak fixed twice. they didn't do it right the first time. Other than that truck has been rock sol;id. I would differently buy a new Ford truck

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
The upper oil pan leaks have been resolved... no more silicone... a gasket has returned.

Reactions: 1997VAstroker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts