The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be a poll on the forum that tracked failures of the Bosch CP4 HPFP, but I can't seem to find it.
There doesn't seem to be as many posts lately regarding failure as there were during the first few years of the 6.7. Could it be that the newer version of the CP4 is performing better? I seem to remember someone saying that the latest version of the pump had a ceramic coating on some of the components.

I'm about to replace my 2012 F350 with a DRW for a little more weight capacity (aux fuel tank, new 5th wheel RV), and wanted to confirm my suspicions about the infamous Bosch pump. I was hoping to hold out until maybe FORD switched to a Denso fuel system, but need to upgrade soon.

Am I just wishing more longevity into the CP4, or is it actually surviving longer nowadays?

·
Registered
63 Posts
From the silence here and on other forums I'm getting the idea it's not such a big problem anymore. (If it every really was one.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...Appears things have settled down on this subject. Good thing, cause I brought home a new 2018 this week!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts