The Diesel Stop banner

**RECOVERED**

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  OT 
#1 ·
My truck was recovered by IPD yesterday afternoon. Got a call while at work wanted to know if I owned the truck. Then asked me if ********* had permission to drive truck. I replied "nobody has permission to drive truck". Also wanted to know if I know this person. No.

Had a stolen Indiana plate on it. Went to jail proably out today.

Thanks to everyone who looked at the "STOLEN" thread.

Truck is pretty rough inside. Has some mechanical issues now. We'll see where it goes tomorrow morning when insurance adjuster looks at truck.

Drove truck back today been up for about 36 hours. Going to bed.

Thanks again.

#2 ·
:thumbsup: Glad to hear you got it back. Hope all goes good with the Insurance adjuster. Get some sleep ( bet it's hard as rithmatic right now)

#3 ·
Aduster is a challenge to say the least. I'll talk the bank (don't owe much)about doing the work. Then should get it done correctly and well in their cheap arse estimate.

Already installed cylinder in column before work. Adjuster didn't seem too worried about truck sitting in drive with an unlockable door and open inginition switch.:cursin:

By way the slept pretty good until 6:00am, couldn't go back to sleep and got up.

#4 ·
Glad you got it back, I think you are one of the fortunate few that actually gets their vehicle back. I saw this when you originally posted and hoped the best for ya.

#5 ·
Glad to hear you got it back. I recommend a Truck Club, theone with the four sided key. Not the end all but for under $50 it adds another level of security.

#6 ·
I'm looking to add several layers of protection. I'm thinking that maybe they'll just move on if it's more work than they're used to.

Truck Club might be on that list. What I really want is a Trunk Monkey. Now THAT is some protection!!:thumbsup:

I also know that I'm very lucky to get the truck back! I was almost sure that would not see it again.

#7 ·
#9 ·
SC..glad u got truck back. Locking steering wheel (club) is in plain site & could make a diff. But, anyone who want's to steal a vehicle bad enough is going to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.