The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 f350 6.7 57500 mi
Check eng light came on dropped off at dealer. Says codes in for low pressure on reductant pump needs replacement. Not covered under warranty $777.50. Any one else have. This prob. They said there is a TSB on it 11-12-3 but caint find anything on here about it.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
The TSB 11-12-3 indicates a possible internal leak of the reductant pump and provides diagnostic direction.

Ford Motor Company TSB-11-12-3 said:
Some F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine and built on or before 8/3/2011 may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with DTCs P20E8 and P202D. These codes are set by a small diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) leak internal to the reductant pump assembly.
Technical service bulletins do not affect warranty coverage. MOST emissions components on your truck are covered by a 5-year/50,000 mile emissions warranty. At 57,500 miles you have passed the limitations of the warranty coverage.

Who can't find the bulletin, you or the dealer?

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you have decent mechanical skills, you can order a new DEF pump from Autonation Ford, White Bear Lake, MN(formerly Tousley Ford) for about $250 shipped. It is about a 2 hour project to lower the DEF tank and swap the pumps. The hardest part is unplugging everything and plugging it back in while suspending the tank in the air. I did mine in the driveway with the DEF heater this winter.

The DEF pump comes as a kit with new O-ring seals, bolts, and zip ties if you choose to cut the old ties off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Was not able to find any thing on the nett about the TSB. The dealer friendly ford of Monroe mi gave me TSB and codes. Charged $100 to read codes $100 an hour for labor and $370 for the pump. 21/2 hours labor to do th job. Ask dealer bout goodwill that someone else posted on here they ne'er heard of it. Wondering if. Pump price was excessive?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I Was not able to find any thing on the nett about the TSB. The dealer friendly ford of Monroe mi gave me TSB and codes. Charged $100 to read codes $100 an hour for labor and $370 for the pump. 21/2 hours labor to do th job. Ask dealer bout goodwill that someone else posted on here they ne'er heard of it. Wondering if. Pump price was excessive?
They never heard of good will?? lol.. that's pretty much the dealer laughing at you.. Ford gives dealers money to do "good will" repairs for customers. Last I heard, dealers received it twice a year (frequency might have changed) and they can do what they want with it. I am assuming (yes.. assuming) that most dealers save it for their bigger more frequent customers rather then the regular joe who they only see for a warranty repair here and there. Pure speculation but it makes sense to me.

The price for the pump is inline with dealers retail. Depending on what level the dealer is (volume), Ford does charge them dealers different costs.

BC3Z-5J229-L DEF Pump Retail $370.07, 10% above cost $244.24
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-system-cat/diesel-aftertreatment-system-scat

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 58,000 miles on my 2015 f 250 King ranch when all of a sudden my engine light came on which in turn was the code for the reductant fluid pump assembly in better words DEF Heater which is funny that these 2011 -2015 were covered on the 450-550 but not the 250 to a 120,000 this does not make any sense at all that something this expensive would go out at 58,000 miles or right after warranty runs out why can't this year model be covered also it sounds like bad parts all the way around. or a money racket. I have owned fords all my life but this the one that could brake this trend. Maybe a class action law suit would work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to locate a def pump for a 2018 Dodge 3500 that just failed. Dealership says NO WARRANTY after 65000m. Can't locate much info and thank you anyone that can help! Looked everywhere that I know of so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts