The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F-350

This will be one of 3 posts. Finally time to fix all the little nagging problems.

Factory remote started acting up. Sometime it would lock or unlock, sometimes not.
Went for the east fix and replaced the battery. No change.

Ordered new remotes online, figured it was just getting old. Programming went fine. Same result. Sometimes it unlocks/locks, sometimes it doesn’t.

So my guess it’s the receiver in the truck. Where is it? How much is it? Is it a big pain to replace?
I hope you guys can help

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can't unlock my doors with mine. I can lock them just not unlock. My wife's key works just fine. I may have to buy another key. If I use it to unlock the door the alarm arms itself. I learned the buttons on the door. But that is a pain when you want to get into the passenger door.
Sorry I can't help you

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
RKE is a function of the Body Control Module (BCM ) and it receives the RKE inputs from the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) also known as the Radio Transceiver Module (RTM).The BCM is not something you can buy and just install as it needs to be programmed and then configured which includes programming a minimum of two keys. I recommend having the BCM self tested just to be sure there are no relevant codes that might indicate wiring issues. The RTM is plug and play however. I have never replaced an RTM but I have repaired the network wires on several trucks.

Is it just when using the transmitters that the locks malfunction? Do the locks work properly using the switches in the doors and the keypad on the drivers door EVERY TIME? If that is the case then the RTM is suspect along with the MS CAN network however it stands to reason that you would also be seeing Tire Pressure Monitor warnings. Again codes would be present due to missing TPMS sensor signals.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, all the door locks work at the door. The keypad unlocks the doors also. AND I have been getting TPMS warnings.

So with the TPMS warning, then where am I? Possibly....

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Same receiver as mentioned. TPMS module is behind the glove box on a 2013.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts