The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing X-code front springs on my truck in the near future and removing the lift it currently has. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if I will need to use a stock track bar bracket with the new springs or would a drop down bracket for a leveling kit work as well? I have looked all over and they want around 400 dollars for a stock bracket :surprise: Or would I be better off with a drop down bracket with an adjustable track bar? I am not sure what other components I will have to swap out so any help would be really appreciated :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
25,086 Posts
$400 :surprise:
That's just crazy!!
I bought the whole track bar, bracket, sway bar, links and hardware from a wrecking yard when I swapped in an '04 D60 front axle into my '99 that had the early pre-3/99 suspension stuff for a couple hundred.
If you can't find a stock track bar bracket, you might be OK with your current bracket and adjustable track bar, but the geometry won't be the same. Might not be different enough to make a difference in how it drives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts