The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 F350 Crewcab lariat with tan leather. really wanted the 40/20/40 seat, but truck had captains chairs with the center console. hey, this truck had everything else i wanted. Anyways, I really need that extra seat. I have found a couple of aftermarket jump seat replacements for around $500(US)which includes seatbelt and mounting hardware.

anybody done this? who has cheapest/best prices for this? $500 seems like a lot when i can get an entire 40/20/40 seat for around $600-1000. I'm not that fussy about comfort/perfection, since I won't be the one sitting in it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif BTW, I found NOTHING on Ebay for my model.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'd junk yard shop and get the factory jump seat...it'll bolt right in as I understand it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Someone is selling a tan leather jump seat for sale on this web site. Look in the for sale section under "Other Parts"!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did this last month. I purchased a jump seat off Ebay and had it recovered to match my grey leather. It was a bolt in installation. The arm rests on the captain's chairs are bolt on, the arm rest stops had to be cut off and ground smooth. With the front/back position of my seats, the holes in the side material are covered by the jump seat arm rest.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm looking to get rid of my jump seat and install the console with the arm rests on my '06 Lariat.

ENZO1 Do you still have the arm rests? Were the arm rest brackets riveted to the seat backs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
ENZ01 Could you post some pics. I am interested in this modification also.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that one on ebay, but it came from an excursion. I thot the factory F350 seat is solid; 40/20/40 split. if the center removes, that'd be a bonus. also, wrong color & fabric (but thanks for the link, I do appreciate your help).

I also thought the aftermarket seats were designed to fit in place of the console, so there should be no cutting required ( I thought the armrests could remain upright to help make a back-rest, and they could still be left down when only riding 2 in the front).

one of the places I found doing a google search wants around $410 for the seat (in vinyl, leather is a $175 upgrade). this includes shipping, mounting hardware and seatbelt. another place is $510 but not sure if it's leather or not.

I live in a city of approx. 2 million. I called about a dozen wreckers, and there was ZERO available. I asked if they'd trade me the captains chairs and console for a 40/20/40. They said they weren't interested cuz more people want the 40/20/40, than the CC & console.

I'll double check the for sale board here, altho I did search all the for sale stuff here, and didn't see it before.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the center console jumpseat for sale. PM me and I will send you some pics. It's just taking up room.

Huck

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i sent you a PM huckster. looking at your sig, you seem to have a lot of cool toys and vehicles. are you looking to adopt a Canadian son. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts
Replace center console w/ jump seat??

Any body have any links as to where I can obtain a genuine Ford Jump Seat as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Replace center console w/ jump seat??

Actually I am going through a phase of selling my toys. I only have the Porsche, Dually and my Motorhome left. But the motorhome and Porsche are for sale also. When I owned my car lot I just acumulated way too many toys and just had a hard time getting rid of them. Since I have sold the lot the insurance and taxes not to mention maintenance is just getting out of hand plus I don't ever use them anymore. Must be a reverse mid life crisis.

Huck

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ju

[ QUOTE ]
Must be a reverse mid life crisis.

Huck

[/ QUOTE ]

or just smart economic sense. you haven't seen taxes and high insurance premiums until you live up here in the Great White North! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif I'll try to hook up with you later today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts