The Diesel Stop banner

Replaced O-rings and lines, now it runs rough

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  agnem 
#1 ·
Hello:

I just picked up a 1984 F250 with the 6.9 and a Hypermax turbo. I replaced the glow plugs which solved my hard starting and ran it for a few days. There was diesel pooling around some of the injectors so I then replaced the fuel lines and clamps in the fuel rail and the O rings on the injectors. In doing this I removed the air cleaner and intake to the turbo to make room. When I was done I degreased and rinsed off the engine (with rags stuffed in the turbo and oil breather) then put it back together. Now it runs rough. It is shaky on idle and when revving it up and there is a bit of smoke when there wasn't before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andre

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mel!

You were exactly right. Naturally the bad injector was right at the back on the driver's side and the last one I tried but the truck is now idling and running as it used to, only without the diesel all over the place. Your help is much appreciated!

Andre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.