The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good place to buy a replacement grille? I am looking for ideas to replace my factory grille.

Thanks,

Griz

·
Registered
918 Posts
id go with a modified 05 and up grill. makes the truck look sooo much better. here it is before and after the new lights

Attachments

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey! Griz try LMC.com I know they offer the billet grill for my 95 they should offer it for yours as well.You can also get the replacement headlamp assy. that has the crystal clear lenses along with the matching turnsignal and marker lamps as well.I'm happy with the updated look of the grill and headlamps on mine.By the way you will be able to see alot better at night with the new headlamps if you go that route.The grill for mine $150 headlights were $150 for the pair turnsignal and markers were like $40.Good Luck! Mike

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I bought a grill off e-bay for my truck, said it was all aluminum. Well the bars were, but the frame was plastic. However it is solid and I'm happy with it.

Here's what I ended up with. I added the IH emblem. But for $150, I won't complain.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I bought a grill off e-bay for my truck, said it was all aluminum. Well the bars were, but the frame was plastic. However it is solid and I'm happy with it.

Here's what I ended up with. I added the IH emblem. But for $150, I won't complain.
Is this a replacement for the factory grill or just an insert? Does look nice.

Griz

·
Registered
311 Posts
id go with a modified 05 and up grill. makes the truck look sooo much better. here it is before and after the new lights
Did you trim the bottom or buy it that way?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Mine was a complete replacement. No inserts. I've tried to buy aftermarkeet grills before and was faced with cutting and triming that I refused to do. This literally fit perfectly.

As for the '05 grills, you can find them both ways. A little looking and you should be fine. The other difference is you will have to modify the bottom mounting of the grill because there are more clips on the newer grills.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine was a complete replacement. No inserts. I've tried to buy aftermarkeet grills before and was faced with cutting and triming that I refused to do. This literally fit perfectly.

As for the '05 grills, you can find them both ways. A little looking and you should be fine. The other difference is you will have to modify the bottom mounting of the grill because there are more clips on the newer grills.
If I replace mine...I want to find a drop in replacement like yours...no cutting or trimming etc. One has to be careful when looking at the grills on eBay...a lot of them are inserts not drop ins. Did Ford make another grill similar to yours for the 2002?

Griz

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
If I replace mine...I want to find a drop in replacement like yours...no cutting or trimming etc. One has to be careful when looking at the grills on eBay...a lot of them are inserts not drop ins. Did Ford make another grill similar to yours for the 2002?

Griz
I agree, the complete grills are more solid. Since Ford designed the grill to be one piece cutting the middle out to put something else in it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not aware of anything like this that Ford made. The only two grills made were the chrome/non-chrome version of what we have and the honeycomb grill that came on the Excursions.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, the complete grills are more solid. Since Ford designed the grill to be one piece cutting the middle out to put something else in it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not aware of anything like this that Ford made. The only two grills made were the chrome/non-chrome version of what we have and the honeycomb grill that came on the Excursions.
Thanks BTBBT for the pictures and info.

Griz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts