The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what the oem part # is for tail/brake light and reverse light pigtails of an 08-10? (the part coming off the wiring harness that plugs into the socket) i'm upgrading my 2005 tail light assembly with the 2008-2011 tail light assembly, including the sockets, and the brake light/tail light bulb socket from the 05 fits right in the 08-10 socket, but the reverse bulb socket does not. i have the 08-10 reverse light socket (see pic), but need the pigtail from the 08-11 to attach to the wire leads coming off the harness, and am i'm looking for a source. also looking for the 08-10 reverse bulb part #. thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,608 Posts
I used these- ACDelco LS247 Professional...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
The reverse lamps use a Motorcraft pigtail WPT-1204 (or Ford Part Number 1U2Z-14S411-BEB)

The Park/Stop/Turn lamps use Motorcraft pigtail WPT-1167 (or Ford Part Number 3U2Z-14S411-FHAB)

I commonly just ask my parts counter man for the Motorcraft number when I need a pigtail. Both numbers (Motorcraft & Ford) are for the same part. These pigtails can be pricey so I recommend that you get a price on the rear harness and see if that is less expensive. If you do that you will need to swap over the connector where it plugs into the main harness at the rear of the frame as the connectors from the '05 and '08+ are indexed differently. Removing the pins from the connector is preferred to splicing as most people fail to make proper, weather proof splices and have troubles with corrosion later on. I see it all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts