The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback on Reviva Engines. Last year I replaced my factory 7.3 Powerstroke with a Reviva remanufactured (Drop-In) 7.3 Powerstroke in my 1997 F350. I had a couple of small issues and Reviva took care of them under the warranty. Now I'm having an issue with the fuel mileage. At first I seemed to be getting around 17 mpg; now I seem to be getting around 13 mpg. I have checked for fuel leaks and haven't found any. Any ideas on what the problem could be would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
When it seamed that you were getting 17 mpg did you do some math to actually figure it out or are you just going by the fuel gauge.

13 mpg is about average for winter fuel depending on your gearing and how you drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it seamed that you were getting 17 mpg did you do some math to actually figure it out or are you just going by the fuel gauge.

13 mpg is about average for winter fuel depending on your gearing and how you drive.
I did the math and actually figured it out. Since I've owned the truck, I've always gotten 15 mpg. I bought it new.

·
Registered
97 F-250 HD
102 Posts
Curious what the total engine replacement job ran you for the 7.3? Did you replace the turbo as well or rebuild it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[The engine was a drop in very few part were used off of the old engine. Cost for engine and labor to install was approx. $16,000.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts