The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just plan frustrated! Installed the Air Lift 72000 wireless system. Wont work! Fail keeps popping up! The instructions say check the position of the magnet on the manifold just below the little tab on the back. Is there supposed to be a little magnet on the back side of the manifold?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you wired it to a keyed fuse - make sure the ignition switch is on. I did the same thing and got the failed message. Turned on the key and bingo!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's getting power! The istructions say check the location of the magnet on the manifold? I have no magnet on the manifold?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Figured it out!

My remote wasn't joined to the manifold from the factory.

The instructions were not real clear about the "MAGNET" part of the joining process.

I had to unbolt the manifold so I could hold a magnet to it, just underneath the little tab on the back side!

You have to keep it secured the whole time while going through the step by step join process!

Very easy joined on the first try!

Happy now!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Follow-up on my problem of not being able to air up more than about 40psi...

I'd sent an email to tech support explaining the issue and asked for advice. No response since it was Friday and today I was tired of waiting. I disconnected the output line from the compressor and installed a schrader (sp?) valve. This way I could use the home compressor to pressurize the air springs to determine if the pressure regulator was the problem or the compressor.

I pumped the system up to 85 psi with no problem. I let it sit for a couple of hours and no pressure loss. So, to me, that indicated a bad compressor. Called tech support and they gave me an RMA to return the compressor. As I was removing the compressor I found a loose fitting that was inside a piece of wire loom I had installed, but forgot there was a fitting in there. Duh! Snugged it down and all is well. Sometimes I'd just like to smack myself...

Tomorrow I'll call tech support, fess up it was my mistake and cancel the RMA. I'm just glad it is now working!

John

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Ride-Rites on my 2011 King Ranch and simply fill them manually. I mounted the 2 fill positions about 1 1/2 inches forward of the license plate lights on each side. Actually all I had to do was drill holes through the plastic to mount the schrader valves. I bought mine to accomplish 2 purposes. (1) keep my headlights properly aimed when the trailer is hitched up. (2) keep all suspension components aligned as much as I can like they were when the bed is empty. I therefore must take measurements before and after and add air until the measurements are right and then recheck my air pressure when unloaded. Then in the future I can establish that pressure and hook up the fiver and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's the same reason I installed them on my truck. I have the DRW so there is no issue of carrying the 5er. I just get tired of getting flashed.

John

·
Registered
213 Posts
Follow-up on my problem of not being able to air up more than about 40psi...

I'd sent an email to tech support explaining the issue and asked for advice. No response since it was Friday and today I was tired of waiting. I disconnected the output line from the compressor and installed a schrader (sp?) valve. This way I could use the home compressor to pressurize the air springs to determine if the pressure regulator was the problem or the compressor.

I pumped the system up to 85 psi with no problem. I let it sit for a couple of hours and no pressure loss. So, to me, that indicated a bad compressor. Called tech support and they gave me an RMA to return the compressor. As I was removing the compressor I found a loose fitting that was inside a piece of wire loom I had installed, but forgot there was a fitting in there. Duh! Snugged it down and all is well. Sometimes I'd just like to smack myself...

Tomorrow I'll call tech support, fess up it was my mistake and cancel the RMA. I'm just glad it is now working!

John
John... Glad to hear you got it working... It's always something. Don't know where you ran the compressor intake line but there is a hold under the carpet floor behind the back seat driver side (under the tire changing hardware). It runs under the truck. I ran my intake there.. Keeps it nice and dry...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any opinions welcome! Just curious as to why the AirLift bags are thought to be the better than the Firestones. I'm about to pull the trigger on the whole setup and want to get the best that I can afford.

Thanks,
BH

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have owned Firestone air bags on two trucks and found them to be satisfactory. From what I've read on Ford forums either brand is about the same quality and performance. Firestones were $50 cheaper and that was an incentive. Since they are both approximately the same price go with the one you can get the best price. The Air Lift 72000 wireless compressor is also the way to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bringing back an old thread, does anyone remember what size sockets and wrenches they need to install these? I'm at my parents house and not sure they have all the right tools needed.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts