The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Crew Cab 6.0 4x4... I have been getting roughly 13.5 MPG, roughly 75% Highway 25% City... That is on Winter Diesel... I gained nothing by doing a muffler delete, which alot forums said I would see a slight increase... I am planning on a trip to Florida in two weeks... So... I know driving patterns are the biggest boost but....

What RPM range is going to get the best MPG on the Highway? 1800-2000?

What MOD's are gonna really effect MPG on the Highway that would pay them selves off?

I live in Michigan, How far down do I gotta go before they stop using winter grade diesel?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
anything under 2000rpm. make sure the tires are inflated all the way. maybe a tuner with some custom tunes. I can tell you as far south as st louis it is still winter diesel here.

·
Registered
821 Posts
just got back from a short trip over the Rockies. I am running archoil oil additive as well as their AR6200 fuel additive. I don't know if they helped or not, but running 65-74 it gave me 15.2/US gal. it did run well and seemed strong. up here in "The Great White North" we are all on winter fuel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got the same truck with no performance mods, and get 15-16 mpg (in Phoenix, so no winter diesel here). 13.5 seems low...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts