The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to add roof clearance lights on my 2015. Can someone give me the part # for the harness and the lights?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello,
I'm kind of curious about this also as I just bought a 16.
I did have a 2000 prior to this. I got on Recon Accessories web site and they gave me all the info I needed but this has been 6-8 years ago. I then found on this forum where to tie into the wire running up to the top of cab for the harness.
I'll check back in and see if you get anything tho.

Corey Esson

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I have the lights and harness. Im going to start the install next week. I have a question what type of silicone to use?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
For as I know, there is no silicone used by the factory when they install the lights. They should have a gasket included with each lamp.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read on here some guys use silicone when they did their's. I did buy all Ford parts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've never been a fan of marker lights, but when I bought my 2016, it came with them. And, they aren't the amber ones. They are dark gray and actually look pretty cool. Is this a Ford option or did the previous owner upgrade them?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Likely OEM location and style and a prior owner changed the color of the lenses.

Tom

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Likely OEM location and style and a prior owner changed the color of the lenses.
Well, as it turns out, these lights are Recon aftermarket units on my truck. And now I see that one of them flikers when I turn on the lights or open the door. Once it flickers, it either stays on - or goes off. And I'm not sure how long it stays on because I don't get out to look.

I found out that I can't simply get a new set of LED's for the one that flickers either. No no, I have to get the whole set of lights - and replace them all. That's not happening!

Even if they ALL burn out, the smoked lenses look cool during the day. And I don't care about once it gets dark and they don't work. I'm retired now and don't go anywhere once the sun goes down if I can help it. :nono:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used 3M Marine 5200 sealant when I installed cab lights on my 2001.
Good luck on the job, that first hole is a major step.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cab Lights installed

Had cab lights installed on my 2012 this year. $325 out the door. Same place that did my window tint. they are oem with Led lights. Thought they look cool and should help for visibility when towing 5th wheel. Always thought they should have come with the truck. I have the integrated 5thwh/goose neck pkg from the factory. Safety factor is what I am looking at. Plus took the money from my side job to cover them. Read all the info on installing them but they do this for a living. Plus, they caulked them in and said covered for as long as I own the truck. Bing. happy. done. Sorry about pic. I did notice if you click on it pic is upright. Don't get it.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
It's only a $55 option LOL

Only if you or the dealer order them to be installed on the SRW truck when built, duh!

Most dealers do not order them for SRW trucks for their stock.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You are correct Larry. I wanted them on my truck but most dealers dont install them on F250's I was not brave enough to drill holes in my cab to install them myself.
Made no sense to me why a dealer wouldn't just add them anyway sense they were so cheap.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
You are correct Larry. I wanted them on my truck but most dealers dont install them on F250's I was not brave enough to drill holes in my cab to install them myself.
Made no sense to me why a dealer wouldn't just add them anyway sense they were so cheap.

Most of the dealer sales people who did the ordering had car knowledge or F150 knowledge only...few ever had SD truck knowledge much less knowledge about options, add-ons.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Drilling the first hole is the hardest part. I bought a template off eBay and I measured many times. I bought factory lights and harness and it looks good

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
The first hole is the hardest after that it doesn't matter LOL.
Looks good was the hookups in there or did you have to wire them to the light switch.
How hard was it to remove the headliner?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I bought the harness from ford, the headliner was easer than I thought

1 - 20 of 20 Posts