The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 18 and I'm looking for a ford/international diesel on a budget. Might go look at an 85' f-350 with the 6.9 and a turbo. Will have to travel 150 miles to see it. The man says the only problem with the truck is a rough idle. He said he wouldn't suggest driving it home. I'm wondering what people on here might think. Severe or an easy fix? Responses would be appreciated!

Ad:
"-Automatic C6 Trans, Freshly Serviced
-New Brake pads, Brake Cylinders, Belts, Hoses, Thermostat, Water pump, Clutch fan, fuel injector service kit recently installed
-4 Door Crew cab
-6.9 turbo diesel
*engine has rough idle, needs attention*"

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Stop.

The 6.9 did not come from the factory with a turbo so it's an aftermarket add on. Rough idle can be caused by a few different things, but if it's bad enough that the seller wouldn't advise driving it home, I would probably leave it alone.

What is the "injector service kit" the seller told you about?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
The man says the only problem with the truck is a rough idle. He said he wouldn't suggest driving it home.
If it's got only a rough idle, it shouldn't have anything to do with driving it. Looks to me like it would be a money pit. If you really want it, make the trip and give it a good shake down run and make sure it's a cold engine when you'd start it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts