The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 f350 7.3 I noticed my truck didn't have any power so I checked the fuel filter and it was full of rust so I replaced both fuel tanks and the fuel pump and all hoses and filters. This didn't help with my power level, it ran alright it just didn't have any power. The new fuel pump just went out so I replaced it again, it only lasted 4 months. I put some fuel in the fuel bowl and cranked it until it started. When it started it was idling really rough and continued to idle rough it would run fine out on the highway but when the rpms drop it would really get rough and even die it will start right up again. I have a chip in my truck and it used to run really strong but now it will hardly pull a little hill with out downshifting. Any ideals where I should check. Thanks

· Registered
5,998 Posts
I would start by physically removing the chip and see if the rough idle problem stays. Cheers!

· Premium Member
94.5 F250 supercab 4x4 dana 60, TYMAR, AFE 4" exhaust, flip chip, many other small mods, 206K miles
443 Posts
Replacements parts sure seem to be a crap-shoot these days. What was source of your fuel pump? Maybe try a different supplier...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts