The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the 7.3, I have a 1995 e350 club wagon that starts fine but goes to a rough idle and throws a MIL but my newly purchased AE shows no codes even though I have a MIL light on, after about 5 mins of rough idle the engine smooths out but when I hit the accelerator the engine goes back to a rough idle for a bit then smooths out, anyone have an idea? was hoping the AE scan tool would direct me to the problem but I obviously am doing some thing incorrectly please help and thank you:read:

·
Registered
10,716 Posts
I would start by checking all your external connections at the valvecovers (2 connections per side). Look for evidence of melting or burning of the pins. Remove the oil fill cap and sniff it to see if it smells like burned electrical insulation (if it does you may have melting/burning of the under valvecover harnesses (UVCHs, the are two of those per side). If any of the connections, internal or external, are burned, replace the valvecover gasket. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, will check as recommended, but I was hopping that the AE scan tool I just purchased would help narrow the problem down to a bad UVCH harness, also I do notice that the vacum pump I assume is cycling or something in that area of the motor and the MIL light goes on and off at the same time as the as the engine is running from rough to smooth idle thanks again for any and all info

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
If you have AE do a buzz test ...Codes will be stored in the IDM ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
i seen you have a 95... AE did not read anything on my Truck either. I had to have my PCM re-flashed with new software..now AE picks everything up..

I had been told by AE, the software has to be 96 or newer..

just a hint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts