The Diesel Stop banner

Rough idle

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  DIMDave 
#1 ·
My 1999 F250 has a little rough idle. You can feel it in the truck the tach reads steady. I can gets pids from my scan tool. What should my icp be at idle?

#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
Ok I got a new Cps From ford dealership I put on when I first got it a couple months ago I'll get my data and post on here

#12 ·
Your readings look fine , you have nothing to worry about.

Nick the ScanGauge 11 will not read our fault codes, in that department(code reading) It's about as handy as an ash tray on a motor bike.
But a very useful tool for a lot of other things on your truck.:smile2:

#7 · (Edited)
Nick,

Best deal I found is Advance Auto online. You will need to enter in your zipcode for local pricing (CO price was $160 before discount):

ScanGauge II Digital Trip Monitor SG2: Advance Auto Parts

Enter Promo Code M54 in Cart for 15% Off

#6 ·
About $140 and they do plug into the OBDII port full time. It is a rudimentary code reader but I've never tried on a PSD. Probably no more successful with codes than any other generic code reader.

http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/

#9 ·
Nick,

First try entering code P20 for 20% off and if that doesn't work then use M54 for 15% off.

#11 ·
Scan gauge and fuel rail cross-over kit (RFx) is best investment so far!!!

#13 ·
Not sure what you mean about pull codes... Scanguage reads them and clears them.... with the exception of IDM codes that is. It will only show 1316 but not specific IDM codes.

#15 ·
Thanks for this!

#16 ·
I found that I have a cps part # f7tz-12k073-b I got if from Ford Dealer. Should I try a different on to see if it smooths the idle out??? Like the riff raff one?

#17 ·
Its only $25 to find out, right?

#18 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking too lol it's only $25 I'll get one and see plus I'll have a good spare

#19 ·
Hansel,
What did you have to do to get Torque Pro to read your codes? Mine just resets the PCM/ECU and says, "no codes".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.