The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased and 1994 f350 crew cab 7.3idi turbo. it has 135,000 miles. At first the truck ran great. All the sudden as i was driving the truck started to die out like it had a miss. When you applied the gas it temporarily solved it but then again the truck would hesitate and feel like it was going to die. Then as i came to a stop the truck dies. I go to crank in back over the truck starts but then idles very rough like it wants to die. I have just changed the fuel filter and i am unfamiliar with these motors. Anyone have any solutions or knowledge to my problem?

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Stop.

How much fuel is in the tank your drawing from. Common issue is the pick up foot breaking off, and it seems to manifest itself at about 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Okay. When it dies, pull the filter and see how much fuel is in it. Should be full, and if it isn't then we will need to start looking at fuel delivery.

·
Registered
415 Posts
could be vacuum pump, rent a free vac pump tester for autozone I think it should be 24 ihg

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
could be vacuum pump, rent a free vac pump tester for autozone I think it should be 24 ihg

Vacuum pump shouldn't have anything to do with fuel delivery, maybe your thinking of a different thread?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts