The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 97 PSD, have fuel leak in valley under banjo, I replaced crush washers in banjo, no results, still leaks, so now I'm waiting on new fuel pump to arrive....... but now while looking in and around valley with engine running just to try to figure out more of where leak is truck now on start ups is running extremely rough. What the heck did I do wrong....could I have push on some kind of wiring while laying as careful that I could up on engine compartment to drain fuel out of bowl and put in banjo washers..
kicker here...it did this and stopped, I ran 14 gals of fuel, drove into work and back no problem, drove out to meat friend, it sat for a couple hours then it started all over again, didn't think I was going to make it home. while trying to get home I would put it into neutral and slam it back into drive, that got it to run correctly and I was able to get home last night. but went out, started it up and problem is still there. code 0603 and check engine lite is on?????? should I have primed something after install of banjo washer? did i mess up wiring?
while running i pulled the uvch connector, driver side front truck did not stall out, passenger side front truck did stall out, there is oil on all the plugs

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
I would inspect all the harness wiring connection to the valvecovers, looking for melted or burned connections. Take off the oil cap and sniff it. If it smells like burned electrical insulation, you may have a melted/burned Under ValveCover Harness(es) (UVCHs). You may also want to remove the IDM and check to see if water has gotten into it. Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uvch

idm is dry. the uvch passenger side has oil in them and they smell funky like burned plastic, oil cap smells like burned oil or hot oil

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
It looks like you may need to replace the passenger side gasket, external connectors with pigtails and possibly UVCHs. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts