The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have an early 99 F 350, CC, LB, SRW with 224K. Stock, no mods. The engine runs rough at lower RPMs...below 2000, above that it runs fine. Almost feels like a miss, if it had spark plugs. Cleaned the EVBP tube, in good condition and replaced the sensor...that didn't help.
Any suggestions...also I needed to replace my laptop and loaded the AE software and now the truck and the PC don't talk to each other...any suggestions there? Old laptop had windows 7 and the new has 8.1...

·
Premium Member
15,097 Posts
Call AE and ask to speak to Manuel. He will talk you through getting your AE working. You have to update the firmware on the OBDII adapter. You will also need to set folder permissions or every time you start AE you have to re-enter the activation code to get the Ford Enhancement to work. Been there - done that.

As to your rough running - unplug the ICP sensor and see if that makes a difference. If not, wait until you've got AE going again and do some testing - cylinder contribution / PERDEL as well as monitoring all the sensors to make sure they are in range and expected values.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RT, will do as suggested...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts