The Diesel Stop banner

Running strange...

993 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cobronco69 
#1 ·
So, the old 95 PSD is running funny. Starts and idles fine, but is real doggy. Wont really run much past about 30 mph. I have been told that it could be the CAT or possibly a sensor relating to the accelerator. Thoughts?

THanks!

Clint

#3 ·
Oil changed less than 500 miles ago. not low.

#4 ·
Need more info on the '95, dont see it in your sig. Does it crank up easily, any smoke? Does it smooth out after its warm? Is it chipped? Have you done any recent repairs?

#5 ·
Air filter clean & not sucked into the turbo?.....

Have you checked & or replaced the fuel filter?

Have you checked the fuel pressure at the Schraeder ?...

#6 ·
Disconnect the map sensor also and see if it makes a difference. It is located on the passengers side firewall. It has a boost line going to it and a wire connector. Disconnect the wire connector.

#7 ·
Guys, thanks for the replies. Turns out something was up with the oil. Since it had been changed recently I wasnt worried about it, but after checking many other things, an oil/filter change did it. Guess it pays to do it myself....wondering if I got hosed on the last oil changed, it was very black....

#8 ·
If someone else does your oil changes, write the date and milage on the oil filter.

#10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone else does your oil changes, write the date and milage on the oil filter.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 500 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif
It was the wrong oil i would think.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

What im thinking is they didnt change the oil and told us they did.....There was a new sticker in the window, but writing the date/miles on the filter is a great idea.....All better now though. 270k plus on the 95 and it still runs like a champ!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.