The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One upgrade that is a must now that we have our 5th wheel and have an idea what to expect towing it, is the fuel tank. 26 gallons does not last long, even at 10.5 MPG. So looking at both brands, 50, 56, 60 gallons, etc.

Those who have installed both and used both would be great to hear your thoughts on this. Any advantages one over the other, or just shop til I find the best deal on any of them? Titan 50 gallon is $999 direct, S&B 60 $1249, and Titan 60 $1195 on Amazon.

Also while watching installs, what is the reason for swapping the fuel lines on the frame rail? I also am assuming the tank fits around the fuel filter, and nothing needs to be done with the DEF tank.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t have any first hand experience but have done quite a bit of reading on the subject. From what I’ve read, the S&B’s seem to have better reviews. Not that the Titans have “bad” reviews, the S&B’s just seem to have consistently better reviews, if that makes sense.

I’m interested to hear more though so I’ll be watching this thread!

·
Registered
1 Posts
s&B is factory sumped and baffled. Leaked first tank and never since. Higher capacity cell with more robust plastic.

Titan sucked air under 1/4 tank which caused me fueling problems. I also had problems with it leaking diesel in my driveway when Over 3/4 tank. Pretty dumb situation.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, with the bonus check this year, the Beast is getting two, if not three new items, First will be a Disaster prevention kit from SPE, I like that it has a filter screen on the tank return line to prevent any metal from getting to the tank, and looks good too. The second will be an S&B tank. That tiny tank is a PITA, my wife drove the truck a few times due to snow and had to fill it up 3 times. Fuel goes fast in a 26 gallon tank when getting 14MPG. Third item Roadmaster Assist springs to help level out the truck when towing. Has a bit more sag than I like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts