The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a ScanGaugeII and saw that it had some interesting gauges, specifically soot mass and distance since last regeneration. I could not get them to work and emailed the people at ScanGauge and asked them what was wrong and I got this reply.

"I spoke with the engineer regarding your inquiry. It seems in the 2017 model 6.7L diesels, the soot mass and distance since last regeneration were not supported sensors."

Does anybody know if they really left those off the 2017's?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I just got a ScanGaugeII and saw that it had some interesting gauges, specifically soot mass and distance since last regeneration. I could not get them to work and emailed the people at ScanGauge and asked them what was wrong and I got this reply.

"I spoke with the engineer regarding your inquiry. It seems in the 2017 model 6.7L diesels, the soot mass and distance since last regeneration were not supported sensors."

Does anybody know if they really left those off the 2017's?
I believe that I've seen those in FORscan, but not sure I saw any value in the fields. I know I can see average mileage between regen cycles.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sorry I am late to the game. I tested a bunch of codes for ScanGauge back when I had my 2013. Now, with my 2017, I pulled codes off their website and they work fine. I monitor: regen on/off, soot load %, distance between last regen, and several EGT sensors. I watch EGT 3, which is the DPF. Works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts