The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I recently bought a 2000 E350 Powerstroke that has a Greaser setup installed on it. It's missing the fuel tank, but everything else is said to be there. Thing is, I know NOTHING about this stuff. This is my first diesel, so I'm totally clueless. I've done some research, but have one big question (issue?).

I bought an oil filter and a fuel filter. Oil, no problem. Went to change the fuel filter and...no fuel bowl! Fuel hose is run directly from a valve on the frame to what looks like a distribution block in the valley. Just wondering if this is normal. How does the fuel (or WVO if used) get filtered? Is it fine to run like this or can I put a fuel bowl back in?

If you need any other info, please let me know. My van is laid up right now until I find out if I can drive it as is or if I might be hurting it by not having a fuel bowl.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
this is what the fuel system should look like (see pic). now If modification where made to accommodate other type of fuel well I can't answer because I know nothing about bio diesel.

Personally I would reinstall a fuel bowl and use diesel instead of bio. filtering you fuel is a must

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Howdy! I recently bought a 2000 E350 Powerstroke that has a Greaser setup installed on it. It's missing the fuel tank, but everything else is said to be there. Thing is, I know NOTHING about this stuff. This is my first diesel, so I'm totally clueless. I've done some research, but have one big question (issue?).

I bought an oil filter and a fuel filter. Oil, no problem. Went to change the fuel filter and...no fuel bowl! Fuel hose is run directly from a valve on the frame to what looks like a distribution block in the valley. Just wondering if this is normal. How does the fuel (or WVO if used) get filtered? Is it fine to run like this or can I put a fuel bowl back in?

If you need any other info, please let me know. My van is laid up right now until I find out if I can drive it as is or if I might be hurting it by not having a fuel bowl.
Please post clear pics of the parts otherwise we are just guessing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts