The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They always say you can't please all the people all the time, but I just installed the new screen saver, and was VERY disappointed to see it filled with post 87 body styles! What are we? Chopped liver? Not a rectangular headlighter in the bunch! It was the 6.9 that paved the way for these PSD contraptions!

------------------
Mels 83' F-250HD 4X4 "The Moose Truck" Non-turbo, GV overdrive, Banks Power pack, Dual Stacks, 35" tires.
Photo Page 21 near the bottom.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The guys who own those new trucks on the screen saver need all the component saving help they can get -- they don't have any money left over after making the truck payments to buy computer components.

Us old guys, with the repairable trucks that have no payment books -- we can afford to replace our CRTs when the FORD-DIESEL.COM text is burned into the screens.

------------------
Jerry Heep -- 87 F350 6.9 Crew Cab, C6: Monster Exhaust + Banks Turbo. Less than 5000 Miles on Turbo. What a difference a little air can make!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Mel,
I agree whole heartedly! I think I'm going to make my own screen saver. The network admin. at my work told me to go to www.hotfiles.com . They have programs (shareware?) to make your own screensavers (so I'm told, haven't looked yet)
Another thing that kind of makes me mad about us non-computer controlled guys (& gals?) is that the Diesel Rally at Natural Bridge is being dubbed the 1st Annual PS convention or something to that effect. I'm going since all ford diesels are welcomed, but I guess I just feel a little left out

What do you all think about starting or own IDI fan club, group whatever to suppliment the web site? I wonder if there is enough interest. It could be aimed at the 83-87 6.9'ers and the 88-94 7.3'ers
Just a thought. By the way, by no means am I flaming this website or the PSD guys, I think they are great too, just wish we had some more spotlight.

Jerry

------------------
1988 F-250 SuperCab w/ATS turbo,
Hypermax Intercooler,and
straight 3" exhaust

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jerry Miller

I got a screen saver program from www.cnet.com. I am not sure of the name of the program but it is free, and all you do is just save your pics in a certain file on your computer and then tell the program what file to go to, then it will take all of the pics in that file and put them up on your screen. Just go there and search for screen savers and look for one that says something about using your own pics.

------------------
1984 F-350 4X4 6.9 reg. cab SW 4spd.
1989 F-250 4X4 7.3 super cab 5spd. Amsoil air filter, Amsoil engine oil.

·
Registered
15,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, good replies. My truck will be 17 this year. In 2003 I can apply for historic (Antique car) license plates! What a joke! No doubt our trucks are decreasing in number, and will eventually be religated to the level of the IH Scout, but I think what we need to do is remain vocal and try to keep the F series guys together and keep the respect for our trucks high, just like in a Mustang club, a 64 1/2 is reveared as much as a 2000. I agree that Ford-Diesel.com is our home, but we need to pound on these webmasters when we see them straying from this concept. The other problem is that a lot of these new trucks are being bought by a different generation of people who may not respect these values - hence things like the PSD meet (which by the way, I have not heard about and would be interested in knowing more). I guess we'll just need to wait and see. - Mel.

------------------
Mels 83' F-250HD 4X4 "The Moose Truck" Non-turbo, GV overdrive, Banks Power pack, Dual Stacks, 35" tires.
Photo Page 21 near the bottom.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm going to move this to the "ford-diesel" forum, where it should generate some attention from people who actually put the screen saver togeather. I think its served its purpose here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts