The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have downloaded the new screensaver on both office locations. Same thing occurs both locations, but not always. When first downloaded, it seemed to run fine both locations. After it had kicked in a few times, it starts giving error message "cannot open c:\windows\system\Ford Diesel Website saver.smf"
After this it pauses. If you click 'OK', sometimes its starts playing the sound, but the pictures do not show up. Most of the time, however, the pictures go into action, but no sound comes forth. Have re-downloaded and re-installed several times both locations, but after none or just a few times of working correctly, the error message comes back and no sound comes forth. My system appears set up correctly - have no sound problems with other programs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Help?

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have worked on another SS using a different compiler and Jason has it for review. I know the sound has been a problem for some people and the password was a problem for others. But... others are not having any problems whatsoever. I expect to hear from Jason soon.
It is a smaller download and nothing has been eliminated. Check back for a status.

Thanks.
Dick

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Photo Editor
June '97 Reg Cab F350 XLT 4x4 SRW Loaded /CD

G

·
0 Posts
the first SS gave me no problems, but the second gave my wife fits!!
it would not leave and gave the error message: EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION IN MODULE FORD DIESEL WEBSITE SCREEN SAVER SCR AT 00BFOE6D ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 00BFIE6D. READ OF ADDRESS FFFFFFFF.
or somthing to that affect.
but she is leery of anything diesel on the computer anyway
and it works fine for me.
question? is the idle sound supposted to keep going? it used to just stop after a while, and now runs all night

------------------
1997 F-350,XLT,E40D,4.10,LB,DRW,look here to see old truck Remember to send your donation to www.ford-diesel.com Quack quack QUACK quackQUACK

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
It is supposed to run as long as the pictures display. It does here. Glad to hear that it runs OK for you. I have not heard of any problems with the new one.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Photo Editor
June '97 Reg Cab F350 XLT 4x4 SRW Loaded /CD

·
Registered
729 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whd507:
question? is the idle sound supposted to keep going? it used to just stop after a while, and now runs all night

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you know your not supposed to idle your diesel all night

Mine runs continuously too. Old one stopped after a while. Now it seems to pause every 40-45 seconds for 5 or 6 seconds. Maybe it is rewinding

You should put a little diesel at the base of the PC and a littles speedy dry and tell your wife you spilled some filling it up!
(but then I'm not known for having a normal sense of humor!)

------------------
1999 F250, Hunter Green, XLT, Auto, SC, SB, SRW, 4X4, Tow & Off-Road Package, Pace Edwards Roll-Top cover. Built 6/98.
1998 Wilderness 28' 5th Wheel Trailer & a spoiled rotten Dalmatian

KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM THIS SITE IS PRICELESS. DON'T FORGET TO SEND YOUR DONATION TO JASON!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts