The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2nd F250, a 2010 6.4L Powerstroke. As expected my mileage is not what the old 6.0L was. I have been told that the SCT Chip is the best for the 6.4L. Anyone have any experience or recommendations. Most of my mileage is rural/in town or towing a 11,000 pound camper.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
There are great gains to be had with tuners on these trucks. SCT, Spartan, and Edge all make great units that will help with power and mileage. I would have to say the best of the best is the Spartan like **** said. If you would like to discuss your options, feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a holler.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ill shoot you a recomendation for spartan. I have it and I love it. Awesome mileage gains, but be prepared to dish out some dough, either programmer you choose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i bought the sct livewire 9625or and so far... on performance level zero gains in fuel mileage. in tow mode 2-3(13.5 mixed hwy and city). yesterday i put it in transmission mode only so we will see. as far as power if you're into that... they are amazing. it will get up and go like kids to chocolate cake...but i will post more probably in a week just to be sure.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I can get close to 17with the banks on level 2. That is running emty and doing 75 on the interstate. with the DPF still intact and off-road tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right now I am getting 14.5 running 70 empty on my 2010 F350 DRW with 373's and only 1600 miles on it... That is alot better then my 2008 F250 with 373's after it was broke in. And my truck is stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still evaluating new truck mileage

I only have 3000 miles on the new truck. One 800 mile trip pulling my 11,000lb camper. I know I have a lot of breakin to do yet, but avg 9mpg, when my 2005 F250 6.0 would get 10.5 to 11 was a suprise. I understand that the in dash mpg reading is an average over many miles not instant. Will be checking the mpg manually and hoping for improvements in the future. The around town mpg seems to suck to. Love the truck, pulls well, looks good, but need to work on the mileage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recently purchased my 2nd F250, a 2010 6.4L Powerstroke. As expected my mileage is not what the old 6.0L was. I have been told that the SCT Chip is the best for the 6.4L. Anyone have any experience or recommendations. Most of my mileage is rural/in town or towing a 11,000 pound camper.
Yes, I did a 08' truck CC,LB Auto that pulls a 40' Fifth Wheel.
-Pulling the trailer the mileage is between 10-14 depending on terrain.
-Unladen, the mileage is 22mpg @ 65mph and averages 17mpg city now. :thumbsup:
**Stock** was only 17mpg highway and 12-14city.:thdown:

:read:The truck has the SCT +85(performance) tune and modded exhaust.

PM me if you want more details...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the SCT on my 6.4 with some exhaust mods... With the highest tune, there are some gains in MPG for me. I have a SuperCab ShortBed FX4, and can get about 17.5-18 with a mix of hwy and city. Buuuut.... I'd go with the spartan if you've got the cash... I don't want to bad mouth SCT, but I as well as others have been having some issues with it lately. These issues have been known for a month or so, and nothing has been updated as far as tunes go. If you search archives, you will see tons of updates for Spartan, and that shows me that they're quick to respond to problems or just make tunes better... I've got no experience with the Custom tuners for SCT YET... But Spartan is tried and has always been good to customers from what I can gather.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
With the SCT, you'll see the best mileage gains with our custom programming.

On the base programs, you will see some mileage, but DPF On mileage is limited to timing and trans adjustments.

Please email or call and I can give you more detail on mileage gains with the 6.4L. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a sct off road factory tunes and 5 in exhaust wit a s and b air intake . my truck also has 24 inch wheels and 37 inch tires . my average mixed driving milage went from 11 to 18 according to the dash . i have not actually checked it manually .

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the sct with the exhaust mod, until you do the mod i really doubt you will see any mpg gain as it would still do a regen. I get an honest 17mpg empty on the highway, prior i was getting 15mpg.

As mentioned, if you have the money and want the ability of monitoring everything on a nice screen go for the spartan. Also the spartan comes with a lot more tunes than the 3 that the sct has, i only wanted a fuel mpg increase and didnt need the extra hp that the spartan affords so teh sct was fine for me.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
SCT by Innovative...

With the SCT, you'll see the best mileage gains with our custom programming.

On the base programs, you will see some mileage, but DPF On mileage is limited to timing and trans adjustments.

Please email or call and I can give you more detail on mileage gains with the 6.4L. :thumbsup:
:banger: What he said! Call Eric before you DO anything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I honestly dont know how you are getting that when I've got the exact same thing and I cant get past 13 mpg doin 65 steady... banks blows

·
Registered
439 Posts
^Dude, you're bringing this thread back from the dead. I'll help it out

With my SCT off road tune on stock tires I got 21.5 mpg. With 34" tires I get 19.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts