The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, hows it going everyone? my 06 i wanna slap a tuner in it.. mostly for mileage.. i drive 100+ miles to work and wanna try to increase fuel mileage even just a little.. stock bolts safe for an SCT?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Most 6.0 will get HG's issue on stock turning so if you add any power, you increase the chance for problem.

My opinion is you can do it BUT I would consider bulletproofing the engine not too long after. DO NOT RUN HIGH HP TUNE WITHOUT STUDS. You'll see some issues showing up pretty quick.

Remember to get gauges if you run anything else than stock tune

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
IF mileage is your goal PCM tuning is basically worthless. I'd advise running PHP's Atlas 40 FICM tune instead. This is also as safe as it gets for stock head bolts. FICM tunes cannot alter fuel timing, which is what blows HGs. BUT, like yan7gin said, all 6.0s will eventually have HG problems tuned or not. Bulletproofing is always the wise choice, even for a bone stock truck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im assuming i can run the FICM tune without the SCT on a stock truck.. my sig has all my info i have and Edge Insight so i can't watch the vitals..

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Yes, you can tune just the FICM with stock PCM tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts