The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Going to be getting a SCT x4 in a bit, but had a questions. (After the ARPs)

First off, I'm a total newb at tuning. Please bear with me.

Truck isn't stock, dont have a tuner,and I want a stock tune on the sct x4 as an option. Is this something one of the sct dealers can provide, or is this something I can only get at the dealership?

Like, do I have to go to the dealer, spend $100 to flash it and then when I get the SCT, save it to that system? Or can it come with the product.

I've emailed a few companies- but they've yet to respond to the request.

As always, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi All,

Going to be getting a SCT x4 in a bit, but had a questions. (After the ARPs)

First off, I'm a total newb at tuning. Please bear with me.

Truck isn't stock, dont have a tuner,and I want a stock tune on the sct x4 as an option. Is this something one of the sct dealers can provide, or is this something I can only get at the dealership?

Like, do I have to go to the dealer, spend $100 to flash it and then when I get the SCT, save it to that system? Or can it come with the product.

I've emailed a few companies- but they've yet to respond to the request.

As always, thanks in advance!

What do you mean not stock? Are there minor upgrades? like exhaust, and CAI? If they are minor things you can run CAN tunes and BE SAFE AND HAPPY!:lol::thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By not stock I mean the truck has a tune on it- came with it and I didn't know.

I wanted to get some great tunes from a dealer ( I heard Innovative is choice now) - but was confused if they could supply a stock tune, or would I have to go to the ford dealer to get that option.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
By not stock I mean the truck has a tune on it- came with it and I didn't know.

I wanted to get some great tunes from a dealer ( I heard Innovative is choice now) - but was confused if they could supply a stock tune, or would I have to go to the ford dealer to get that option.

In order to set the truck completely back to stock, you will have to take it to your local dealer or if you can find a shop with ford's IDS system, they can flash it back to stock.

I offer custom files from Gearhead also and can get you a package setup! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would go Gearhead tuning, or Quicktricks, ask for Vivian or Eric they are really great down there, and make some powerful clean and smooth tunes!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check them out.

Innovative just got back with me. They cannot send stock tunes, I would have to go to a dealership for that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
In order to set the truck completely back to stock, you will have to take it to your local dealer or if you can find a shop with ford's IDS system, they can flash it back to stock.

I offer custom files from Gearhead also and can get you a package setup! :thumbsup:
Buy from Cody he's a vender on here, gear head tunes run really strong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts