The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Lariat Edition 7.3L diesel
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up everyone so I have a for dummies question i just re installed my HPOP in my 02 F350 7.3l and I was wondering how long I should wait for the RTV I put on the access cover to dry to start cranking permatex instructions say 24 hours and i just waited 24 hrs for the thread lock to dry so I’m becoming impatient all helpful reply’s are appreciated

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
It’s not a pressurized fitting so you can pretty much start it as soon as you put it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t need to worry about any excess sealant getting washed into my oil? i know theirs a screen in the reservoir but still foreign objects are never good

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
If you haven't put an excess amount of sealant on it so it squeezes out on the inside, you should be good. When you say you waited 24 hours for the threadlock, was that on the access cover bolts? If so, fire it up.

Yeah, don't do this. :oops:
excess sealant.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah I put thread lock on the serviceable valve plug after I did the hpop rebuild (new spring,filter,checkball,O Rings,fittings and lines but I had to thread in a slightly bigger bolt on the access cover cuz I broke the original one so I had to drill and retap it so I put a thick enough bead on it for it to leak out the sides of the outside of the cover a little so it would seal around the bolts but that’s all

But holy s*** that’s a big hole😂😂😂😂 that takes MacGyver to a new level I’m not doin anything that needs that much improvisation lol 😱 yikes......

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
That pic (shared with me from MarylandDieselNick) is a shot of the oil pump pickup. Seems that someone got carried away with putting RTV on an oil pan, and Nick got to deal with the resulting mess of excess RTV in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts