The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy. I own and operate a truck accessory store. It's easy to see my interest in this site. I also enjoy offshore performance boating. The difference you ask???

On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out. On this forum for some reason, if you mention the differences between one brand and another the thread gets locked. Makes sense to me since we are here to discuss that very thing.

Buck

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the boating forum you participate in called?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have an 03' CTD Dodge, I enjoy this site, I just don't go out of my way to prove I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I've had all three diesels, actually four if you include the 6.5l, that one I try to forget about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay,

If the purpose of the site is to discuss Diesel powered Ford trucks then you have your solution to us poluting this site with unwanted posts that have to be deleted without question. Simply do away with the general diesel forum and problem solved. Why have it if we're only here to talk about Diesel powered Ford products?

Buck

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Simply do away with the general diesel forum and problem solved

[/ QUOTE ]

That forum serves as a venue to discuss diesel technologies, "in general." Again, it's diesel-oriented, just not "truck-oriented." It's not the place to discuss a Chevy transmission, or a Dodge suspension issue. However, if you want to talk about the Dmax or Cummins engine, that's perfectly acceptable.

Regards,
Jay

·
Registered
559 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy. I own and operate a truck accessory store. It's easy to see my interest in this site. I also enjoy offshore performance boating. The difference you ask???

On all the boating forums I participate in you are allowed to discuss more than one boat without people freaking out. On this forum for some reason, if you mention the differences between one brand and another the thread gets locked. Makes sense to me since we are here to discuss that very thing.

Buck

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the boating websites that i belong to are general boating for bass offshore etc and are general in nature. it would be different if it was a Fountain forum and i wanted to talk about Formula. Same thing here it is supposed to be about Ford trucks specifically diesels. Just my .02

Dan

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think another difference between boating and trucks is that folks, in general, get more attached to their trucks and become loyal to an auto maker. One boat company may offer several options for drive train where as in a truck you get what you get. I feel it's a different mindset to begin with. If this was a general diesel truck forum then that would be different yet from what we have now. I think this works pretty well the way it is. Those with maturity can discuss technical merits of any engine maker objectively. The problem is when someone starts trolling and a thread goes south real quick. This is the best forum I have personally seen or participated in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts