The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED HELP!!! I was looking to replace my 2007 6.0L F-350 Diesel serpentine belt and the diagram is different than what is actually installed. It is all factory and the diagram shows that there should be an additional iddler pully that is not installed on the truck. I see the mounting holes but nothing was put there from the factory. I really need a diagram for this if anyone has one.

This image is not the sticker image on under the hood of my truck!!!! This shows 3 idler pulleys and my sticker shows 4 under the hood. Any help?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
That is exactly the way my belt runs. I think you are just missing the other idler pulley on your truck as I am not sure how you would be getting tension on the belt if you are missing a pulley..

There is a small smooth pulley underneath the intake manifold, a ribbed one above the power steering pump and two on the belt tensioner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a pic of the diagram and I will post it shortly. If i grab and pull/push on the belt I can move it about 4 inches in either direction. I will attach the pic within the next 10 min.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Added Pic

Here is a pic of the diagram under the hood of my truck. The pully that is different is while looking at the diagram the alt. is the highest point. Directly below the alt are 2 idler puleys. the previous diagram shows only one and that is how my truck has it but this factory diagram under the hood shows 2. Any thoughts????

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think it is the diagram for a dual alternator setup. The belt would be run slightly different....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is another diagram for dual alt. I am thinking that there was an upgrade on the 07 engine adding a puley and I got a 06 engine. I am confused.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got the same thing on my 07, belt routing doesn't match any of the drawings on the labels. The label on the passengerside valve cover lists the engine as a 2006, my truck is a 2007 but was a very early build, don't have the date, but took delivery Sept 9, 2006.

Doug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In 2007 there was a bunch of emissions requirements that came through. It sounds like there were changes made to the 2007 model that were not made on our 2007's because of the early build. Have you brought this up at your dealership? If so what did they say?

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Never noticed until I changed my Alt., in the fall. Forgot about it last time it was at dealer. Will have to remember to ask them next time I'm there.

Doug

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
Here is a pic of the diagram under the hood of my truck. The pully that is different is while looking at the diagram the alt. is the highest point. Directly below the alt are 2 idler puleys. the previous diagram shows only one and that is how my truck has it but this factory diagram under the hood shows 2. Any thoughts????

The diagram on your truck is for the dual alt setup. The dotted line is the belt for the second alt.. The first one you put up is exactly what my single alt system looks like... If you have 4 inches of play, you may have the belt for the dual system on a truck with the single... That or your tensioner has lost it's tension..

And I don't believe there is anymore emissions equipment on an 07 6.0 than there is on any other year. The emissions changes came with the 6.4 (which came out in Jan. 07 due to the emissions changes that went into effect then).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am assuming you are talking about the first pic I put up. I fyou are talking about the second pick (the one actually under the hood) than i agree. The dotted line is for the 2nd alt set up. The solid line should be the way mine is set up but it is not. My belt follows the first pic I posted and not the one under the hood. I called the dealership and they told me it should match the diagram under the hood (it does not). I think I need to just take it to them and tell them to figure it out.

I thought there were some emissions requirements for the 2007. As an example the diesel pumps state 2007 newer must use the ultra low sulfer, thus reulting in some new emissions and other changes to the 2007 6.0L?

·
Registered
233 Posts
jrb1126, I think mine follows the same route, I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow. Where did the first pic come from. I have same sticker as 2nd pic under my hood.

Doug

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
The original pic you put up is the way a single alt system is routed. For some unknown reason, Ford did not include that diagram on the sticker under the hood....

The ULSD became a requirement in Jan '07 and technically speaking, the first 6.4's hit the street in early '07 but they were branded as '08's. Back then, there was a lot of confusion about the sticker on the pump because it said '07 vehicles. But there are no pickups built with a 6.0 engine that was manufactured after Dec. 06. Thus, the 6.0 as installed in '07 model year trucks does not have any extra emissions equipment that previous years did not also have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.