The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look under the hood, there should be a diagram, or look in owners manual or if you can't find it there, use a digital or phone camera, take a pic and replace in kind, draw a diagram etc..... the manual or sticker under the hood may show you about the tension release, some use a breaker bar or ratchet for this.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Or do you mean that the radiator hose goes through the hose and you can't figure out how to remove the belt with the hose in the way?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
The tensioner has a square hole in it that takes a 1/2" breaker bar. This will allow you to release tension on the belt. Then unthread it from around all the pulleys. IF Your Freeking top radiator hose goes thru the belt,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif *** was FORD thinking?? Then maybe you would like to replace that hose with one that is for the "DUAL ALTERNATOR" option. It will go around behind the belt into that bracket like thing where it can lay and be tiestrapped to.
You will obviously have to drain some of your antifreeze to do this.
If you do NOT Have a diagram sticker under the hood, then look Here, if this link doesnt work, look in "My pics" Misc, and page two in sig

·
Registered
386 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

If you do NOT Have a diagram sticker under the hood, then look Here, if this link doesnt work, look in "My pics" Misc, and page two in sig

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to buy that sticker? I just bought my truck recently and have noticed that the sticker has mostly rubbed off...not sure how. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif Anyway, I'd like to replace the sticker..anyone got a p/n?

·
Registered
547 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
anyone got a p/n?

[/ QUOTE ]

F81E-19A286-BA right from the sticker on my truck

·
Registered
386 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]