The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 f350 143,000 miles iv replaced water pump 2012/ tensioner pully /idler pully /left side /just last month . put new belt on started to look not good just thought I put it on one rib off bought new belt put it on 350 miles ago and its starting to look funny .. the belt is wanting to run one the back edge of water pump pully ,?? I don't get it :crying: any ideals thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
One of the pulleys is out of alignment

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
The easiest way would be to watch it carefully with the engine running and see if you can see anything abnormal. If that doesn't work you will need a straight edge to place across 2 pulleys at a time and see if you can see one that is off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ive done that this is killing me a dealer has had it three times no fix im going to pull the power sterring pully out 1/16 at at time time it pulls belt away from back side of water pump pully

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a 1995 f350 143,000 miles iv replaced water pump 2012/ tensioner pully /idler pully /left side /just last month . put new belt on started to look not good just thought I put it on one rib off bought new belt put it on 350 miles ago and its starting to look funny .. the belt is wanting to run one the back edge of water pump pully ,?? I don't get it :crying: any ideals thanks in advance.
ok ive done that this is killing me a dealer has had it three times no fix im going to pull the power sterring pully out 1/16 at at time time it pulls belt away from back side of water pump pully
Instead of messing with a pulley you did not replace, why not check your work on the others? If it was okay before you did the work and now it is not, then the fault should lie with the work done. If the belt is running on the back edge of the water pump pulley, and okay on the others, then I would guess the water pump pulley is the one not aligned. ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good would u just buy a new pully dealer put waterpump on . it gone though a few belts in the last year or so . before water pump .

·
Registered
560 Posts
count your ribs on the pulleys and the belt see if they match up I used to go through belts to quite a bit even checked it with a laser and was dead on till someone on this site said to count the ribs. they changed things mid '95

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
I was just thinking, in 95 some of the trucks came with a 7 rib belt. You might want to check that on the water pump and other pulleys with ribs.

Reactions: boat567b

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
My 97 was taking the rear rib off the belt even after replacing the tensioner assembly. After carefully looking at it while running, I decided to pull the power steering pump pulley out about 2mm using the correct type puller. Solved my problem. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts