The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,

It appears the server time is off by about 12 minutes, give or take a few seconds. I've noticed this for the past several days, and just set my computer by the Naval Observatory's clock and compared the time of this post to my new system time.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 05-26-2000).]

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something happened, now the time is about an hour off. I kind of like it this way. It is running on Central time, like me.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 05-28-2000).]

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi Mike,

We have a large number of Texas members soooooooooo could Jason have moved here and had to go on the centrial time zone
?

Worse things could happen!

s to ya

Ed

------------------
Early 99-F250SC-PSD-LAR- other goodies.
NRA&TX.ST.RIFLE ASSC.-LIFER-NRA/ILA AND MEMBER-GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER-I DO VOTE!

[This message has been edited by H ED S (edited 05-28-2000).]

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed,

We're back on Eastern time, I guess Jason didn't move after all.

Mike

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Nope. I've got NTP running on both servers now every hour setting their clocks to one of the atomic clocks .. no more complaints!

We went on the road this weekend to do two races in two days .. both got rained out. Drove 500 miles with the car hauler for nothing
The power went out here for longer than my battery backup could hold it, so the time really got off when they rebooted.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason,

Sorry your weekend turned sour, but welcome back!

[added in edit]

I use NTP at work. Accurate time is important in my business. We synchronize everything else, like telephone logging recorders, to our servers.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 05-28-2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts