The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to an Online (PDF) Service manual, or even a paper book service manual for the 7.3 non turbo? (88 year). I cant seem to find any service manuals anywhere. ? :read:

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
There are dribs and drabs all over the place.... as for a complete one you would be most likely to find it on ebay used...... if there is some thing specific check my photo link if what you want is not there PM me with your needs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anyone have a link to an Online (PDF) Service manual, or even a paper book service manual for the 7.3 non turbo? (88 year). I cant seem to find any service manuals anywhere. ? :read:

Go to www.helminc.com which is a website that has Shop Manuals via PDF. I paid $10 for 3 days access and was able to download ALL the manuals for my 2008 F-450 which enabled me to fix my horn (bad clockspring) AND my trailer lights (several bad fuses under the hood). They are very detailed and easy to follow. WELL worth the $10.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you are looking for a service manual for your engine I would recommend going to your nearest International Cascadia... aka IH/Navistar dealer and seeing if you can get a paper back service manual... They are very helpful and have plenty of diagrams.

George

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Retto dude,
I made you an offer that you can't beat, check your PM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did'nt get a pm yet???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but most libraries have Chilton's books (and the others). I photocopied the sections I need and put them in a binder.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
eBay is the place to go for the factory service manual. If you look around you should be able to get all three books for around a hundred bucks. There's an engine manual (make sure you get the one for the diesel) as well as a body book and the Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual, or EVTM. AFAIK this is true for all 7.3s, I think some of the 6.9s were old enough to have the manual arranged differently.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what do these manuals cover exactly? Would love to get ahold of a manual comparible to a haynes just for thoroughness about every aspect of these trucks. Cant seem to find one though??? Thanks

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
No, you would hate to get a manual comparable to a Haynes. Haynes manuals are garbage.

The factory service manual was produced by Helm, Inc.

There are four books, the 6.9 liter books are slightly different but the 7.3 books come in three-volume sets. The first volume is the engine, there are two of these books; one for diesel and one for gas. Then you get the body and chassis book, and finally the electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual. You NEED the engine book, you probably need the body book, you can live without the EVTM but you really shouldn't.

You can use your year or a similar year, I'm not hip to precisely which years are the same. 1992-1994 is mostly the same except 1992 books don't cover the turbo system. Something like 87-91 should also be pretty much the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use helming.com :: this domain is for sale. They offer a 3 day pass for like $20 and in those 3 days, I downloaded every pdf for my truck. It's the service manuals that includes everything g like torque values, part numbers, pin to pin checks, and extensive troubleshooting instructions. I've gotten it twice... 2008 and then for my 2007.... invaluable!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Drinky on this. Haynes is just a bit better than Chilton. I've gotten pretty frustrated with my Haynes manual. I'd recommend if you plan to spend some time under the hood and elsewhere on the truck, get the factory service manual. I'm gonna eventually do that. I use Haynes for about 50% of the stuff and the rest I come here.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
This thread is 8 years old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts