The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Have a weird one I cannot figure out. Did an oil change, air filter change and fuel filter change today on my 2001 7.3. After changing the fuel filter and priming it my Service Engine Soon light has come on. No difference in how it runs. Came on after I turned the key a few times without starting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Pull the code and let us know what it is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep gonna go do that in the morning. Have to borrow a scanner from my brother but was just wondering if I some how caused something when changing the fuel filter of air filter and anyone else had experienced something similar. Never seen this happen before.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
make sure the scanner is powerstroke capable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: yan7gin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to update. There was no code when I checked it. Called a shop that I have had do the work that is over my head and they said it could have been from my fuel filter change if some air got into the system.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If their is a SES light on there is a code.

low fuel pressure can throw a p1211.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Might have bumped a pigtail. .. icp, oil pressure. .. there are several close enough that you could have hit.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Just wanted to update. There was no code when I checked it. Called a shop that I have had do the work that is over my head and they said it could have been from my fuel filter change if some air got into the system.
what scanner are you using? like blue said if there's a SES light, you will see code

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used an AE scanner. Only thing on it was a glow plug code that I knew about, which I cleared. (#2 is probably going bad) I was actually at a shop Friday and they threw it on their computer. They said exactly the same thing about hitting a connection, but did say there should have been a code there, and probably a fuel pressure code if it was related to the filter change. The owner spent about a half an hour on it with the computer hooked up and taking it out on a drive. Did a full diagnostic as well. Everything looks fine. Weird deal but the truck never skipped a beat.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I'm extreme cases of low fuel pressure (less than 20 psi) it will attempt to raise high pressure oil to compensate. But it would throw a p1211. Other than there is no fuel pressure code.

is the light still on now that it's been cleared?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The light went out the following morning, before I could even get the AE on it. I am still stumped as to why there was no code though.

I went back yesterday and looked through the manual and in the general section, not the diesel supplement, it makes reference to the SES light possibly coming on after a fuel filter change. It appeared to be specific to gassers but maybe not. It said that the light should go away after 3 drive cycles. Mine did it during the second.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts