The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 F250. I replaced the shift tube last week, greased the bushing and installed with no problems, until I try to turn the truck off. I have to pull up on the shifter a little for the key to go to the home position in order to pull the key out. Does anyone know what I need to adjust so I won't have to pull up on the shifter.
Any help is always greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
Since you did the tube, I assume you tightened the two black bolts on the cam with the lever being held up in the part position? Mine does that when my wife drives, because she puts the wheel all the way up, I have it all the way down all the time. For some reason it doesn't disengage the key in that position. My key is getting sloppy. Might be the key block itself. Curious what you find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I figured it out. Took the steering column back down, loosen the tube screws and held the shifter up while screwing back down snugged. Put the steering wheel back up, installed the key switch and worked great. Shifter is a little tight, hopefully it will loosen up some. But no more holding the shifter up while turning off the ignition.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well, I was close. Lol. Glad you figured it out. Mines alittle looser. The rubber bushings are toast on the tube, so pretty sloppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts