The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I tow with the f350, the more frustrated I get with a few things.

I like the exhaust brake, BUT I hate when it continues to down shift every time I use the brake pedal. If I just want to scrub off a little speed, it will down shift, and start to slow things down more than i want. Is there any rhyme or reason to how this truck downshifts, etc when in tow haul? Its really annoying when I scrub speed for a turn on a long downhill with the brake pedal, it down shifts, and then wont upshift again in a long downhill straight away.

It also likes to hang on to a gear after using compression braking. So say I came to the bottom of a hill, and then need to start to excelerate up the other side of the valley. I apply pedal, and the truck will wind up to 3500 rpm or higher and just not upshift. I have had to turn the turbo brake off, let it coast, and finally it will upshift.

Also, anyone familiar with the brake controller on it? Compared to my old prodigy, There was a brake boost controller and brake power controller. Is there only the one setting now?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The more I tow with the f350, the more frustrated I get with a few things.

I like the exhaust brake, BUT I hate when it continues to down shift every time I use the brake pedal. If I just want to scrub off a little speed, it will down shift, and start to slow things down more than i want. Is there any rhyme or reason to how this truck downshifts, etc when in tow haul? Its really annoying when I scrub speed for a turn on a long downhill with the brake pedal, it down shifts, and then wont upshift again in a long downhill straight away.

It also likes to hang on to a gear after using compression braking. So say I came to the bottom of a hill, and then need to start to excelerate up the other side of the valley. I apply pedal, and the truck will wind up to 3500 rpm or higher and just not upshift. I have had to turn the turbo brake off, let it coast, and finally it will upshift.

Also, anyone familiar with the brake controller on it? Compared to my old prodigy, There was a brake boost controller and brake power controller. Is there only the one setting now?
Take it out of tow haul and just use the EB.
If you get into any serious terrain, turn the tow haul back on and use both. I don't use tow haul hardly at all except in serious terrain. I just don't need it anymore with my 2017 F350 CC DRW 4 door with 411's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts