The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought a GORGEOUS 2020 F250 King Ranch FX4 with ALL THE FIXINS'!
I replaced my beloved 2011 F250 Lariat. (Yes, I miss her terribly).
I carry a Lance truck camper and need airbags like my old truck. I ordered a kit from SDTRUCKSPRINGS.COM and as I went to install...it didn't fit.
Had to re-order and as luck would have it, the in transit email just came in. Order yours today!

1 ea. 2020 Ford F250, F350 SINGLE REAR WHEEL 4wd (w/ or w/out in bed hitch) - Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [REAR] $419.95

I dont have the P/N but I'm sure they will have it.
A bit of "Q'arantine fun!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Okay, so this being your first post, we'll forgive you. So rule number one is, if there's no pictures, it doesn't exist! Especially when you lead off with "gorgeous", and "all the fixin's".

Oh, and thanks for the info on the air bags. I have a 2019 with the camper package, and was pleasantly pleased to find I did not need them this time. I did on my previous two trucks, but this one levels out perfectly with that extra leaf.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same here, my 2004 F250 would sack out the rear suspension with a polaris sportsman in the back. I ran a set of Firestone airbags in that rig. PS - good purchase on the Firestone, they by far make the best air bags on the market. I really needed the airbag set up for when I ran my sled deck in the winter and the once a year when I towed my triple axle 30k gooseneck trailer.

Fast forward and I recently purchased a 2019 F350 SRW and this new frame and rear suspension is a beast compared to my old F250. I ran a sled deck in it this winter with no air bags and it handled it no problem, doesn't even sit on the Helper!!!!!!!!! The rear axle in this new truck is way beefier than my old sterling 10.5". My F350 has the tank derived Dana M275 with massive amounts of steel jammed into it.

I'm sure with a slide in camper you'll need them air bags but you may be surprised at how these new super duty's are built compared to your old 2011. All of the weight savings they gained from switching to an aluminum body they literally slammed back into the frame, suspension and axles on this thing. They are beasts!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, I will post that pic as soon as I take one! I found that the suspension is much softer in the rear than my 2011 F250.

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
Doesn't look bad with the camper on, but definitely sags with the boat. I'd question the setup on the trailer. Tongue weight may be too high. Going to be real bad with both, especially since you'll need an extension bar for the hitch to pull the boat with the camper on board.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like air bags. They help a lot with the ride when unloaded. I got mine from these guys.
I also recommend the onboard compressor. I didnt like the one with the remote control but thats up to you. I have the firestones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the no drill wireless compressor. Wired right into the upfitter switch bundle. What a sweet setup I think I will weigh the tongue. Been meaning to do that! What would be too light for tongue weight on a setup like that?

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
Trailer tongue weight should be between 10-15% of gross trailer weight.
Found it on this Website

1 - 11 of 11 Posts