The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some new shocks and was wondering what you guys are using/recommend and where to purchase.

Thanks,

Griz

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'd go with the Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks. I have them and love them. The nice thing is can change them for different loads or conditions with a simple turn of a knob. They also sell a system that you can change the settings from inside the cab. I bought mine at www.4wheelonline.com . I also got a new Rancho steering stabilizer shock while I was doing it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I got bilsteins from summit racing . . .

·
Registered
28 Posts
bilsteins at shockwharehouse.com

·
Registered
561 Posts
Another vote for Bilsteins. I personally like the 5100 series the best. I bought them locally, but I am sure there are a lot of places that sell them online.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another vote for Bilsteins. I personally like the 5100 series the best. I bought them locally, but I am sure there are a lot of places that sell them online.
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I've used Bilstein's before on my other truck and liked them. I was curious to hear what other liked and were using.

Griz

·
Registered
71 Posts
SHOCKS

My2 cents:

2001 Excursion PSD 4x4

Had Rancho adjustable for 5 years and 100k. Very happy with them. But last week one of the front shocks leaked out. They were still working well just before 1 leaked out.

I just replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 4600. (The 5100 series is the same shock but it is designed for lifted vehicles)

It it not fair to compare new Bilsteins with Rancho's at 100k miles. But the new Bilsteins are a bit better. Maybe somebody can chime in about how many miles they have gotten out of the Bilsteins.

4 Bilsteins.............$300. SHOCKWAREHOUSE.COM
(FREE shipping or 5% discount if you pick them up. They are located in Oakland Park FL) I picked mine up since I am local. Small outfit and very nice to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts