The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for new shocks and was wondering what I should get. This is a non lifted truck if that helps.

Griz

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Very happy with the Bilstein HD 4600 Series shocks. Far superior than the stock Rancho's.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very happy with the Bilstein HD 4600 Series shocks. Far superior than the stock Rancho's.
I had Bilstein's on my old truck and like you I liked them. I don't know much about KYB shocks but will check them out also.

Thanks everyone for the inputs so far. :thumbsup:

Griz

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm sorry no I don't I got them at tirerack.com I
have a 2000 f250 c/c 7.3 4x4 stock lift just look
it up I also carry a 3000# lance camper in the back
and the KYB's work very good still

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry no I don't I got them at tirerack.com I
have a 2000 f250 c/c 7.3 4x4 stock lift just look
it up I also carry a 3000# lance camper in the back
and the KYB's work very good still
Okay Thanks.

Griz

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks and they are great. The nice thing is they can be adjusted for different loads/ conditions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks and they are great. The nice thing is they can be adjusted for different loads/ conditions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Decisions...decisions. Thanks everyone for your inputs. :thumbsup: The three brands that have been mentioned seem to be the most popular. Are there any others out there?

Griz

·
Registered
67 Posts
My diesel fix it buddy told me to install Monroe Matrix's,,, and I did do what he said. They seem to work fine,,but I have not had any load on the chassis as of yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's a lot of new improve shocks right now. I heard a lot about ranchos and bilstein. To confuse were to chose. Guide us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With out a doubt, you will get the best ride quality and handling out of Bilstein shocks. I have sold those, along with Tokico, Koni and others, for quite a few years. Bilstein lasts the longest typically. They are over-engineered. I've used them on other 4x4 rigs, old muscle cars, track cars, etc. Cant go wrong. KYB's, are not terrible, just cheaper and will need to be replaced sooner than a Bilstein. Keep in mind, far more often than not, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Ditto on the mono max.Had the back go out at about 4yrs.they replaced them no questions.
The Ranch adjustable model sits next to the check out at Napa,but shocks are not on the list,as sweet as they look and look like they would perform!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts