The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 01 F250 7.3 on an 8" lift with 37s and i want upgrade my front shocks. I daily drive my truck mainly on the highway and do some off roading on the trials around me and some are pretty bumpy and rough filled with deep holes and others are just a normal dirt road. I wanted to know what is the best shocks for the front and back? What about duals for the front? My shocks now are super bumpy on the road and even worse off roading so any help would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
A good general shock for a lifted truck, the Bilstein 5100's have my vote. I had them when my truck was lifted, running mud tires and seeing it's fair share of off road and they were good shocks.

On lifted trucks, i'm partial to the Icon products as well. they have different variations of shock mounting configurations and are very well built. Dual shocks would be a good option for you IMO with the size of lift you are running

You can do a standard dual shock mount:
39010 - 1999 - 2004 Ford Super Duty F250 / F350 Dual shock Mount Kit - ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Or a Hoop Style mount like this:
39012 - 1999 - 2004 Ford Super Duty F250 / F350 Dual Shock Hoop Kit - ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Paired with a set of their 2.0 smooth podies or Piggy back shocks, you'd have a huge upgrade in ride and performance. :thumbsup:

Let me know if I can help you with any of it, we do alot of bilstein and icon products. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Kind of late reply but I thought I would weigh in. I put 5100's on the back of my 2000 7.3 and really liked them, planned on putting a pair up front but the truck was totalled. Duel shocks in the front are cool but they are doing some neat things with remote reservoir shocks now, you might look into a set of those. If you already made your choice let us know how it's working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts