The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very old topic, (I tried to search but taking to much time to find the info I need) So here it goes. I've been on this forum since I bought the Ex in 2005. Im at stock ride height with no spring mods. I looked on here around 2007-2009 and put Ranchos on it, the 9000's with adjustable valving. I purchased them on line from Summit. I noticed my front driver was blown out yesterday while doing an oil change. I've moved twice since I bought them and Summits records don't go back that far. Rancho says, no sales receipt no warranty. So now that the back story is taken care of... What is a good stock height shock to run. The rig does see some towing. Please if your going to say Bilstein, someone is going to pop up with "Properly Valved", So please advise which one is Properly Valved. Some day I hope to do the spring swap to make this old girl handle, but until then stock height will have to do.. Thanks for any help I get..

Jim

·
Registered
704 Posts
This is what I'm running on my Excursion, Stock Height. X-code springs in the front, air bags added in the rear.

Front: Bilstein 24-185462
Rear: Bilstein 24-185479

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input.. I will order a set from Summit and give them a shot. I'm thinking there may be more then one Rancho that went dead.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
This is what I'm running on my Excursion, Stock Height. X-code springs in the front, air bags added in the rear.

Front: Bilstein 24-185462
Rear: Bilstein 24-185479
Just a heads up but these are the Bilstein 4600 HD Series (Blue & Yellow for easy ID).
They also sell a 5100 Series (Silver color) and some of these are designed for a 0" to 1" lift if you are considering lifting height in the future.

I would give Bilstein a call directly rather than an aftermarket salesman. Bilstein Phone Rep will get you squared away with their best recommendation while an aftermarket salesman will just try to sell you what he has in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts